Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Started Learning To Sail

For many years I've had a desire to learn to sail. Until a couple weeks ago it was only a desire. On 22 May 2012, I went sailing with a friend in a race and enjoyed i so much I looked for other opportunities to sail and found them. I went sailing on the 24th and the 26th and the 30th. The people I've been sailing with have been helpful and patient with me as I learn the terminology and how to sail and have been teaching me a lot.

I go to the Washington Sailing Marina which is near the National Airport and sail from there. I'm hoping to meet many people who enjoy sailing and be welcomed to go with them as one of their crew until I have my own boat (probably will be years before that happens) so that I can go out whenever I want.

I'm still trying to figure out just what about sailing has me so mesmerized that I'm consumed with seeking out opportunities to get on a sail boat and help sail it. I like learning about sailing and how different angles affect the speed and motion of the boat and the challenge of figuring it out so that I understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment